Spine Update


This is just a quick update as to how my visit with Dr. Jenkins went last week. I will start saying that it was the 3rd time we were up to Portland in 6 days...it was a long week. Then, my 5:00 appt. turned into my 6:30 appt. since he was running so far behind, and now that I got those annoyances out of my way, I can proceed.
Dr. Jenkins asked about my pain locations and what the pains feel like. These are typical questions and if you ever find yourself needing to be seen for pain, come prepared and know them ahead of time. Your Dr. will greatly appreciate it and be able to help you only that much more. Does it burn, sting, ache, throb, tingle, and pain levels 1-10, 10 being the worst. I'm pretty much a whiz at all this now.
Anyways, as he was doing my physical assessment, he had me stand as he pressed on my back, and as he made the "uh huh" to himself sound, I knew he felt something worth noting. Right away could feel that it has shifted to the right more. Boo!
He also did a test on my legs for numbness. And as I closed my eyes he lightly touched the tip of a Q-Tip to my legs in all different locations, I was to tell him when he was touching my leg. I wonder which ones I got wrong ;)
All in all, it was a good visit. He is a kind Dr. and he is solid in his answers, as in, he tells it like it is and if he doesn't know an answer he isn't afraid to say, "I don't know."
We didn't discuss surgery at this time, as I am needing an updated MRI and will go from there. My next appointment is July 28th and so that is good news and bad news.
The good news: No surgery this Summer.
Bad news: I have to deal with increasing pain for at least another 2 months.
And there you have it, an update on, my spine. Fun huh?

Comments

Popular Posts