Haircut and Jesus

I hadn't had a professional haircut since December 23rd.  Strange I remember that.  I really do love hair.  It can be frustrating and really ugly.  I wash it only every 3rd or 4th day, don't use much product.  I'm not great at fixing it, especially those fancy Pinterest braids, but I still love hair.

So, I needed to kick of the Summer with a new do and I set a deadline of our Family Reunion weekend.

I have a gal that does my hair but I put off booking her months in advance and she is a sought after hair designer.  I finally decided to go and just do a Walk In somewhere.

I can't give a whole lot of credit to the haircut, as I am pretty disappointed and keep telling myself it will grow back and Carrie (my hairdresser) can fix it later. But what I can do, is give a whole lot of credit to Jesus as He can turn a haircut into a story of Him.

The gal cutting my hair was young and I have a strong suspicion she was a newbie.  She asked good questions and kept the conversation going.  I (for the most part) like to sit and be quiet and close my eyes when I am being pampered.  How often do you get pampered with 4 kids and a bun in the oven?

Okay okay, this note isn't about my hair or being pampered.  Like I mentioned before, it's about Jesus.

The gal cutting my hair was asking about my family, how many kids, ages, what we do all day, etc. etc.

She continued to ask questions that lead deeper into the story of how Esther came to be.  So, I put down my selfishness of wanting to sit in silence and asked God that the Holy Spirit be present.

I went into some of the details of the emotions of not having any more children, the surprise and then grief of losing babe #1.  That led into the months following of prayer, trusting Jesus, asking advice and waiting.  I told her we lost babe #2 in February and Kendal and I both came to the conclusion that it wasn't 'meant to be' to have any more children.

Then, the surprise of being pregnant shortly after the loss and what that meant to us.

The gal cutting my hair would interject with her thoughts and I could tell she was trying to understand what I was saying on a deeper level.  She would give her reasons as to why I may have miscarried as in, it was maybe an unhealthy baby or just not good timing.

I agreed with her and then the Lord gave me these words to share,
    If I had been able to carry the first baby to term, I would of had a cool story, but it would have been a shorter, smaller story of who God is.  But I serve a God that is bigger than that, who writes Big stories! He, through our journey, wrote a story to show his grace, his love and just how big he is.  


In that moment, I got it too.  The Holy Spirit wasn't just talking to her through me, he was talking to me also.  Reminding me just how Big He is and that even though painful, it is that much sweeter because of the journey He led us on.

I wanted to share Jesus, the story of our Esther, who isn't even here yet, shared Jesus.  He used a babe again to show the world His love.






Comments

Popular Posts