No Coincidence

So my computer crashed on January 4th, I remember it like I would remember a death.  Okay, that is a bit dramatic, but I did feel grief.  All my pictures were potentially gone.
Joyful January...riiiight.

January 12th is a Saturday and I made it over a whole week without my computer.  It was kind of a lonely week.  I have my iPhone, but seriously, I can't do my budget, use my pictures or keep my barely organized life, organized.
I am sitting in my favorite spot on the big brown couch that Saturday morning.  I have worn this spot well as it has become my comfort place for almost 12 months now.  When you deal with chronic pain, you just want to be as comfortable as possible (with your computer;).
So back to the story...I am sitting in my favorite spot, on Saturday morning, in my pajamas, watching Food Network.

We were expecting a man to stop by and finish up a little electrical.  In he walks and right behind him Pops in his bubbly wife.

Did I mention I was in my jamms, on my couch, watching TV, oh, and my house was perfectly messy and the kids were, well, kids.  Perfectly wild kids.

I tell myself to just chill out and expect the unexpected.  I do enjoy to visit and I haven't ever visited with this gal before, outside of the church anyways.

She is brimming with smiles and encouragement.  She encouraged me, not with words, but with her joy and grins.  She held Esther and rocked her long.  She entertained my nearly 5 year old as he brought her found objects that somehow turned into treasures and she was impressed.  She shared hardships and answered prayers.  I tell her I will also pray for these hardships. She tells me something she admits she hasn't told anyone outside her family, and I hold the gift close and tenderly.

In that moment, I recognize the devine intervention.  She needed to be here today, in Ebenezer.

But I needed her too...

At some point during our 2 hour unexpected but very welcomed visit, I mention that my computer crashed and I may have lost all my photos.  We talk about how important pictures are.

Then I hear the words, "I wonder if my son can fix it?"

I know her son, he was in our youth group.  He has rebuilt computers since he was 10.  I knew all this, but I didn't think he could help us because of the information we got from different computer repair shops.  They mentioned clean rooms and forensics, certainly you must have a badge to do this kind of work, right?  My chipper guest pops off the couch and instantly walks out to get her phone. My mouth hanging-half-open-mid-sentence and I couldn't stop her.

She calls him and puts him on speaker phone.

She facilitates the beginning of the conversation and then hands it over to me.  Thankfully Kendal walked in right at the right time and took it over, completely understanding all the computer jargon.  I look over at this kids dad, the electrician, warming his hands by the fire, and we both mouth the words, "I don't know what he's saying, " while shaking our heads, dumbfounded.

He thinks he can fix it.  He thinks he can fix it! 

and...

He doesn't want any payment.  He doesn't want any payment!!

The details from here on out are boring, so long story short, he fixed it, he didn't charge us, we got a new hard drive, fixed the card reader and it can be in my possession tomorrow evening.

Can you believe it?  This could have been almost tragic, losing all my pictures.  We could have paid someone between $300-$3000 to get my pictures, if it was possible.

Do you know what this means?

My heart was spared the hurt and grief.

Another miracle! Another gift of grace from my Jesus!  He cares, he cares about my heart.  He cares about the pictures.  He cares about my children because one day they can cherish these photos.  He cares about relationships formed over impromptu visits.  He orchestrated two people coming together to encourage each other in two completely different ways.  This is no coincidence.  How can I express, this. is. no. coincidence!  He just loves me.

I give all the glory and praise to Jesus.  Joyful January indeed!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts