A Call to Prayer



There are days that I think I may have to live with this pain forever. There are days that if I dwell on my discomfort, nothing else gets done. There are days that when I think about my future, all I can do is well up with sadness.
These last couple of weeks, as my pain medication has been taken down to, now, nothing, I am feeling the full force of my pain. I didn't realize just how bad it had gotten. Yes, I am in pain everyday, but I could still function with medication. Many days I could exercise, do the laundry, some yard work and meals can be put on the table. This last week has been completely different.
I have a hard time falling asleep and some nights I have slept in our ever faithful lounge chair. I'm uncomfortable to stand for any length of time, but sitting doesn't resolve the pain either.
I didn't realize the burning in my legs and feet had come on so strong because of being on medication. At times it feels unbearable and I want to jump out of my skin. The pulling in the back of my legs and along my spine, the pinching and electric shock to both the left and right side of my vertebrae causes everything in me to want to run away from this earthly body. The stiffness and aching that makes me look years ahead of my real age is a reminder that things aren't okay.
The guilt that I carry knowing I can't care for my 4 boys properly, that I can't keep up on the housework, that my husband has a crippled wife, weighs awfully heavy. The extra things my husband has to do around here just to keep us going in the right direction hard to accept. He is a great man.

Tonight, a group of faithful, Godly men, our churches Elders, will stand around me. They will surround our family, who satan has been discouraging. They will lay hands, they will place oil on foreheads and they will call out to Jesus on our behalf, that I will be healed.

I ask that tonight, in your own living room, at your dinner table, while in your bed, next to your children, with your children, in the quiet, in the loud, in line at the store, where ever you are, will you join us in kneeling before our Lord and pleading on our behalf that I will be healed from these back issues?

We will gather around 8:00 p.m. if you want to have a specific time to pray.
I can't wait to see what the Lord does.
Thank you for lifting this family up.
Be well.

Comments

Popular Posts