4 Days

Next Wednesday still feels like forever away.  I know it isn't, especially when I look back at last Saturday, it was just here.  Every minute feels like an hour.  I know when it is all said and done (hopefully by sometime next Thursday morning-ish) I will have thoughts like, "that was a fast week, pregnancy, year, etc.)  Okay, maybe not, but I know this will all be in the past and these days won't be a big deal.

Talk about a big deal though!  Today, the mailman came around and left a damp padded white envelope in my mailbox.  I didn't recognize it and didn't remember ordering anything that I would be expecting today.  I saw the return address and it was from my "Kindred Spirit", Shannon Warren.  We have been friends since early elementary school.  We lived about 1 block away from each other in the old neighborhood and loved being together.

I have so many memories of Shannon and her family.  I even got to go camping at the beach with them!  I loved it and felt special that I was the friend that was invited on that trip.  Side note: It was the time I lost my Mom's little heart Avon ring (I think it was Avon) because I wore it as a toering all week and then forgot to take it off before I went in the ocean.  I was absolutely sick when I realized it was gone.  To this day, I regret wearing it on the beach.

I ripped open the large white envelope that was damp because our mailmen walk a lot of their routes here in Lebanon but it just made it that much easier to tear.  Inside was a sweet card welcome our new little girl, a white cardigan, blue long sleeve tee and adorable jean dress.  My heart was full.  Such an incredible feeling to be thought of.  I can't wait for her to wear it and I don't think I will be able to forget who sent it :)

I was gushing over how kind that was of Shannon and the mailman came back again, this time with a box.  You know those large diaper boxes?  They hold like 240 or something?  It was that size with our address, so I knew it was in the right place.  Kendal and I both stared at the return address for a minute and thought, "Gray....Gray....Oh, Mackenzie!" "Oh yeah, she asked for my address."

Our oldest, Lucas, asked what it was, in jest and with endearment I said, "well, it's from Mackenzie, so it could be anything!"  I was guessing myself.

I opened this box and it was stuffed full!  On top were two notes, one to Kendal and I and one to Esther.  As I read the note to us, I got a little choked up with how incredibly thoughtful this gift is and how the story of Esther has gone further than what I would think it would go.  This box was full of baby clothes that were given to us by the family that she Nannies for.  The family was so touched by the story of Esther that she wanted to bless us and this little girl with clothing.  Esther's wardrobe just tripled, if not quadrupled!

Next to read was the note to Esther.  Oh, my heart and chin quivered.  The words to this little girl are thoughtful, give guidance and advice, are encouraging, push her towards Jesus and so incredibly loving.   Mackenzie signed it, "from your future sister in Christ."   I LOVE it!  I trust that will be the case.

These clothes are adorable, things I would choose myself.  Wingtip Robeez, headbands for everyday of the week, grey cable knit cardigan, etc.  Oh my goodness!  So amazing.

Today I received an email from Elizabeth, a friend from church.  She works hard and has 3 children.  She's busy.  Yet, she thought of us.  She has offered to bring us dinner.  Knowing that we need a little extra these days.  My body hurts and is tired.  She takes the burden of dinner off mine and Kendal's shoulders.  Amazing.

Yesterday I got a text from my dear friend, Jana.  She has offered to drop by some pizzas for dinner last night.  I said, "YES!"  Yesterday was so crummy.  It was just what I needed.

The Lord even though He has chosen not to take away my ailments, He has carried us through with some incredible blessings. I get frustrated that I sit in pain everyday, that I am still dealing with morning sickness and I know He can take it all away.  He chooses not to, instead, he grows my faith by being faithful himself.  He encourages through friends near and far.  He gives rest from daily tasks, like making dinners.


Thankful for:
Friends that provide encouragement.  Fireplaces that are warm and crackly.  A bouquet of oak leaves just changing from green to bold red.  Pumpkins grown all Summer and now bringing orange delight around my home.  Sweatpants.  Only 4 more days to wait until we head to the hospital.  The anticipation of a new babe.  A vacuum cleaner that works.  Daydreaming.  This old brown couch that has comforted me many a days.  For the rain outside that makes it extra cozy inside.  Little boys with fresh haircuts.  A son that brings me a blanket pillow and a glass of water because he knows I don't feel well.  A husband that cleans the kitchen.  Clean baseboards and trim and stairs, and the knee pads to make the cleaning easier.  The old black crows that remind me of my Grandpa.

Comments

  1. Love your gratitude list and your heart! Thinking of you daily!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts