20 lb. Challenge Update

I stepped on the scale a week after starting my challenge and was awash in feelings of regret. I had gained. I didn't do enough, I didn't try hard enough, I didn't say "no" to enough. I was upset with myself because once again I had failed. I did better than weeks past with what I am supposed to do correctly, but apparently, my body felt differently. "Why do I even try?" " I might as well just eat hamburgers whenever I please, because it doesn't matter." Then, I got over it, stepped on the scale a few days later and had lost a few. Yes, thank goodness it was that, never ceasing, "water weight" that creeps up on you not so randomly.
Today I got back on the scale 12 days after I started this challenge and am still a couple lbs. down, so that is good news. I am doing well today, even though I am an emotional eater and could really use a big bowl of "make my sadness go away" ice cream. My kitty is probably going to have to be put down soon as he is having horrible seizures. Lots of money has already been spent on him and it hurts my heart to see him like this, yet it is a terrible decision to make. So here I sit, dreaming about See's Candy and wishing my day was better.

Comments

  1. Thinking of you, Lindsay, and wishing you the best! Don't give up; I'm here to cheer you on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts