20 lb. Challenge




I wish I could ramble almost daily on this blog. Something in me feels like I need to express myself publicly. Not necessarily just for myself, in a cathartic fashion, although it is. But also, because I believe now, more than ever, you find yourself, your own story, in these words that I write. I speak because I know you feel similar, I share because we are the same in so many ways. We struggle the same, we rejoice the same, we look for commonality in each other.

I have the topic of parenting on my mind a lot lately. I have a very strong willed little 3 year old that can bring me to my knees in 30 seconds flat.
I would love to chat about a book that I am reading with a group of very intelligent women. It tugs my heart strings and at times I can't seem to wrap my head, or heart for that matter, around the words that float by. How can I let this not penetrate to the deepest part of my soul and then share my feelings on it?
I could post photos of the latest baked goods, like the cookies I made with some chocolate laced with chili powder....BUT...this is what brings me to today's topic...WEIGHT LOSS.

UGH. I find myself in the place again where I become obsessed with my size. Every time I step on the scale, ounces can make or break my day. (Although, I am getting better at that.) After each baby I have had, I had the motivation to loose a little more than after the previous baby. I figured for sure after the 4th I could drop all those pounds without even trying, and then some.
Fast forward almost 18 months. Hello 154 lbs! ...and climbing. I leveled out at around 142 shortly after Abram was born jumped up to 146-148 after my thyroid plummeted (which I knew was going to happen after I stopped nursing). But now, here I am at 154 lbs. which I packed on in a short 8 weeks or so. I can honestly say that I don't know where they came from. I didn't change my diet, or exercise routine, or lack thereof. My thyroid went wonky again, but seriously!
With all that being said, I am challenging myself *Publicly* to lose weight. Not just a diet, I don't necessarily believe in those. I am a Weight Watchers Points girl :) I have absolutely stunk with any motivation to be consistent with Weight Watchers, but here is where you come in. You can ask me. You can ask me if I am on track. You can ask me if I worked out. You can ask me my weight.
I am challenging myself to get to my first goal weight of 142 by Friday, June 24th. (2lbs a week). Then, it will be another 10, maybe by the end of Summer.
This will be difficult for me. It makes me vulnerable in one of my most embarrassing topics. Yes, I realize you CAN see me, but if you belt it and wear enough blush, maybe you won't notice as much ;)
So, in an effort to be vulnerable, to seek commonality, will myself to eat better and seek encouragement, I am going to do a weekly blog on my weight loss efforts.
Week 1 starts now! First challenge....Date Night!

5/13...Activity= 30 day shred workout


(you can find my weightloss ticker at the bottom of the blog)


Comments

Popular Posts